Rachel earned her Kinesiology degree in 2009 at the University of Western Ontario. While attending school she worked part-time at Pilateez.com Pilates studio where she began full-time work following graduation.
In 2009 she became a member of the Ontario Kinesiology Association, and has since then been recognized by both the College of Kinesiologists of Ontario and the British Columbia Association of Kinesiologists.
Rachel has an athletic background in figure skating (Canskate – 6 years coaching), and coaching basketball (NCCP L1 & L2).
Rachel currently spends most of her time teaching Pilates classes at Fine Balance Pilates & Physiotherapy.
Rachel was recently chosen to represent Team Canada for the World Kettlebell competition in Dublin, Ireland in November of this year (2015).
For the better part of a decade Rachel has been using her extensive knowledge of human kinetics and functional anatomy to assist others in overcoming their physical limitations. As Rachel will surely tell you, “Anyone can do it!” – and you can too.
- Honours Spec. B.A. Kin with Food and Nutrition Minor (2009)
- Professional Member of OKA – (2009 – 2014)
- Fusion Pilates Certified – Mat, Reformer, Pre/postnatal (2006- Present)
- Stott Pilates Trained (2011 – Present) – Mat, Reformer, CCB, Injuries and Special Populations
- Personal Trainer Specialist – Canadian Association of Fitness Professionals (2008 – 2015)
- National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) – Level 1 and 2 Theory, Community Basketball Olympic Weightlight – Experience with coaching basketball and figure skating (2004 – Present)
- Emergency First Aid CPR – Level C – St. John’s (2000 – Present)
- Yoga Exercise Specialist Certified – East to West Yoga (2010-2015)
- C.O.R.E. Cycling Certified (2011 – Present)
- Core Align Trained (2013 – Present)
- Post-physiotherapy clients
- motor vehicle collisions (MVC) – can bill directly to ICBC
- hip replacement surgery
- post bypass surgery
- low back pain
- neck injuries
- sport injuries
- nutritional counseling
- Coaching basketball camps – including Steve Nash Youth Basketball League – London YMCA
- Refereed basketball games
- Canskate coached for 6 years
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS)
- Return to Work Programs